Taking a Leap of Faith

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to say I am thankful for many things, among of which are:

  1. the health of my parents
  2. the health of Kevin
  3. being able to attend college (graduating Dec. 2016!!)
  4. having a job I love

Number 4 brings me to another point about risk. I was recently informed that my current employer is not looking to hire any additional employees until more projects come in. I was hired on as an hourly employee, and was interested in staying with my current employer and being brought on as a full time salaried employee after graduation.

I understand this is a financial decision for the company. As an hourly employee, I will be making $20 x 40 x 52= $41,600/year, but the hope is that new projects will be brought in early 2017, so I will only have to stay on as an hourly employee for 2 months longer. However, because these projects are still in the air with no contract signed, I feel that it will be a considerable risk I will be taking, as other companies are looking to hire now.

What if these projects do not materialize? I am still considering all my options. The only thing I can say for sure is that I really enjoyed my time at the company.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s